Orangeburg Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents can happen without any warning, and they can occur almost anywhere in the Orangeburg area. According to the South Carolina Department of Public Safety, one motor vehicle collision occurs in the state every 4.3 minutes. Every 11 minutes a person suffers an injury in a crash, and every 8.2 hours, a person is killed in a car accident. In many of these collisions, a motorist’s careless or reckless behavior is to blame for the accident and injuries. If another party may be liable for the injuries you or a loved one sustained in a traffic crash, you should seek help from an attorney. Contact our experienced Orangeburg car accident lawyer to learn more about how we can assist you with your motor vehicle collision claim.
Types of Orangeburg Car Accident Cases We Handle
At The Stanley Law Group, we represent injury victims in a wide range of car accident cases. The following are some of the common types of motor vehicle collisions that we handle in Orangeburg:
- Distracted driving accidents, including collisions caused by talking or texting on a phone;
- Drunk or intoxicated driving crashes;
- Aggressive or reckless driving collisions, or road rage accidents;
- Fatigued or drowsy driving collisions;
- Head-on crashes;
- Rear-end collisions;
- Intersection accidents, including T-bone accidents;
- Sideswipe accidents, including collisions resulting from lane changes;
- Auto defect accidents, including single-vehicle and multi-vehicle collisions caused by defective vehicle parts;
- Road hazard accidents;
- Car accidents involving bikes or pedestrians;
- Collisions with motorcycles;
- Crashes involving cars and large trucks; and
- Accidents during inclement weather.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Orangeburg
Car accidents in Orangeburg can occur for many different reasons, including but not limited to the following:
- Driver negligence (which can take many forms and may include distracted driving, intoxicated driving, reckless driving, or driving in a manner unsafe given inclement weather conditions);
- Pedestrian or bicyclist negligence;
- Dangerous road conditions (which might involve, for example, large potholes that have not been repaired or debris left in the road);
- Defects in automobiles or an automobile component (such as defective tires or defective brakes);
- Negligent repair by a mechanic of a vehicle problem; or
- Failure of the owner to properly maintain the vehicle in a safe condition.
How to File an Orangeburg Car Accident Claim
In order to be eligible to file a car accident lawsuit in Orangeburg, South Carolina, you will typically need to file your lawsuit within three years from the date of the accident. This time window is known as the statute of limitations. If you fail to file a lawsuit before that three-year clock runs out, South Carolina law will say that your claim has become time-barred and you will not be able to obtain damages through a civil lawsuit.
To ensure that you file your claim in a timely manner, you should get in touch with a car accident lawyer in Orangeburg as soon as possible to begin working on your case.
Contact The Stanley Law Group Today
The dedicated team at The Stanley Law Group can help you to seek the financial compensation you need after a South Carolina car accident. Contact an experienced Orangeburg car accident lawyer for assistance.