Samuel M. Mokeba
Samuel M. Mokeba, born in Cameroon, Central/West Africa, attended the University of Yaounde, where he earned a Licence en Droit (Bachelor in Law). Following completion of his program, Samuel attended the University of South Carolina where he obtained a Master’s degree in Public Administration. Samuel subsequently attended law school at Louisiana State University where he obtained his Juris Doctor.
During his formative years as a litigator, Samuel served as a public defender, counseling defendants facing criminal charges. He conducted investigation and discovery, prepared motions, memoranda and briefs, and argued before the Court. During his time at the Public Defender’s office, he tried a variety of cases to verdict.
Following his tenure at the Public Defender’s office, Samuel joined a local defense firm representing clients on behalf of insurance companies. Like at the Public Defender’s office, Samuel successfully and passionately tried numerous cases to verdict.
Samuel brings a wealth of trial and litigation experience in representing individuals who have been catastrophically injured in an accident through no fault of their own. Samuel’s extensive litigation experience, among other qualities and qualifications, have earned him an invitation to the American College of Trial Lawyers and a membership to the America Board of Trial Advocates.
His areas of practice include:
- The South Carolina Bar
- National Bar Association
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Black Lawyers Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- American College of Trial Lawyers (ACTL)
- SC Cameroon, President
- Member of the Richland County Public Defender Board of Directors (2005-2007)
- Member of the Richland County Public Defender Selection Committee
- South Carolina United FC Board Member 2006 to present
- Member of Trevecca Nazarene University Board of Trustees 2015-2018