Georgetown Bike Accident Lawyer
Riding a bike is a great form of exercise and an inexpensive form of transportation. However, bicyclists are among the most vulnerable road users and injuries they suffer in crashes have the potential to be severe.
If you or someone you love suffers bicycle accident injuries, reach out to The Stanley Law Group. We provide the trusted legal guidance you need to hold at-fault drivers accountable. To get the compensation you are entitled to, contact our experienced Georgetown bike accident lawyer today.
Over 60 Years of Experience Helping Bike Accident Victims
US News and World Reports named South Carolina as the second most dangerous state in the nation for cyclists. More than 500 bicycle accidents happen each year, and fatal crashes occur an average of more than once per month.
Considering the number of bicyclists in our area and traffic on Highway 17, bicycle accidents in Georgetown are a major risk. At The Stanley Law Firm, we have over 60 years experience handling these cases, helping victims and their families get compensation in a claim. Among the common injuries in cases our Georgetown bike accident lawyer handles include:
- Back and neck injuries, such as whiplash and ruptured discs;
- Broken bones, which often involve multiple fractures;
- Crushing injuries, causing loss of limbs and internal bleeding;
- Concussions, one of the most common and potentially severe types of head injuries;
- Deep cuts and lacerations, which can cause permanent scarring and infections;
- Injuries to soft tissues, such as muscles or tendons tears;
- Injuries to the spinal cord or column, which can leave victims permanently disabled;
- Traumatic brain injuries, which have the potential to cause life-threatening impairments.
Get The Compensation You Are Entitled To For Bike Accident Injuries
The Palmetto Cycling Coalition offers tips that can help prevent bicycle accidents. They advise wearing a helmet at all times, riding in the direction of traffic, learning hand signals, and wearing light, bright colors to increase visibility.
However, even when taking these precautions, bicycle accidents in Georgetown can still occur. When they do, negligence on the part of drivers involved is often to blame. Among the most common causes include:
- Distracted driving, such as talking on cell phones or texting while behind the wheel;
- Driving under the influence, which may involve drugs or alcohol;
- Cutting bicyclists off in traffic, and other aggressive driving behaviors;
- Opening car doors, which can cause crashes on side streets;
- Running red lights or stop signs;
- Not looking for bicyclists prior to making turns.
When bicycle accidents happen due to these or other causes, The Stanley Law Group helps you get compensation in a claim. Our Georgetown bike accident lawyer holds the driver accountable for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs you incur as a result of their behavior.
Contact The Stanley Law Group Today
At The Stanley Law Group, we have over 60 years of experience helping bicycle accident victims and their families get compensation in a claim. To find out how we can assist you, contact our Georgetown bike accident lawyer today.