Breon C.M. Walker
Breon C.M. Walker earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with a double major in marketing and management from the University of South Carolina Honors College in 2000. She earned her Juris Doctor from Emory University School of Law in 2003, where she was the recipient of the Custer Tuggle Award for Excellence in Family Law.
Following her graduation from Emory, Breon clerked for Circuit Court Judge Reginald I. Lloyd in Columbia, S.C. She then practiced in both the civil and criminal divisions of the South Carolina Office of the Attorney General. Prior to joining The Stanley Law Group, Breon practiced with a large firm defending insurance carriers and their insureds in personal injury cases.
An experienced speaker, Breon has prepared and presented seminars to clients and colleagues on statutory compliance, case law developments and effective witness preparation.
Breon has been recognized by several organizations for her legal acumen including being recognized as a Super Lawyers “Rising Star” from 2012-2019 and a Super Lawyer from 2020-present. In 2013, Breon was selected by the National Bar Association as one of the “Nation’s Best Advocates: 40 Lawyers Under 40.” Breon was also selected to the “Under 40 Hotlist” by Benchmark Litigation in 2016. In 2020, Breon was named an Honoree of the South Carolina Leadership in Law Award by South Carolina Lawyers Weekly.
Breon is an accomplished courtroom advocate with 15 years of experience as a trial lawyer. Her areas of practice include:
- The South Carolina Bar
- President of the South Carolina Black Lawyers’ Association
- Richland County Bar Association (Co-Chair of the Young Lawyers’ Division from 2009-2014)
- South Carolina Association of Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Columbia (SC) Chapter of The Links, Inc
- Board of Directors of the 701 Center for Contemporary Art – Secretary
- Richland-Lexington Airport Commission
- Leadership Columbia (Class of 2011)