Lexington Car Accident Lawyer
While you have the potential to suffer an injury any time you leave the house–and, for that matter, even when you are at home–the risk of harm significantly increases when you get within a motor vehicle. Indeed, motor vehicle accidents are one of the most common causes of death and injury nationwide, and in Lexington, serious car crashes affect dozens of people every year.
If you’ve been in a car crash, our Lexington car accident lawyers have the legal knowledge your case requires for success. Call us today to get started.
How a Car Accident Can Change Your Life
Being involved in a car accident can have a significant effect on your life. Indeed, if the car accident is serious, it could change the course of your life long-term. Ways that a car accident can change your life include:
- Physical injuries. The physical injuries from a car accident may be permanently disabling or disfiguring, preventing you from being able to perform once-loved activities, care for yourself, work, and more. This can be painful as well as emotionally draining.
- Financial strain. A car accident is costly. In addition to the property damage expenses you’ll no doubt incur, you’ll also be faced with high medical bills, too. It’s also very possible that your injuries will prevent you from working, resulting in lost wages as well.
- Psychological injuries. A car accident can be psychologically taxing, resulting in stress and anxiety. Sometimes, more serious psychological conditions may develop following a car accident, such as depression or post-traumatic stress disorder.
Who Pays for Damages After a Car Accident?
In South Carolina, an at-fault driver is responsible for paying for damages that result from their negligent actions in a car accident. Examples of fault that lead to crashes include:
- Driving under the influence;
- Driving while distracted;
- Driving aggressively;
- Failing to stop or yield; and
- Other violations of traffic laws.
If you believe that the other driver was to blame for your accident, you can file a claim directly against the driver’s liability insurance policy. Our lawyers can assist you in the process, and help you to prove fault and damages.
If the other driver doesn’t have insurance, you can turn to your own policy’s uninsured/underinsured coverage for benefits. In some cases, another third party, such as a party responsible for road maintenance, may share partial liability too.
Let Us Help You Recover the Award You Deserve
Car accident victims are not always offered the settlement amounts they deserve. In fact, claims are often low balled and claimants are left unsure of their rights or options, often accepting a settlement offer that’s much less than they need or are entitled to. When you work with our Lexington car accident lawyers, we’ll work hard to get you the settlement you need. Please call us today or send us a message to request a free consultation and learn more about your rights. We are here to serve you, and always work on a contingency fee basis.