Lexington Truck Accident Lawyer
Every day in South Carolina, large trucks are tasked with moving freight in and out of the state, often for the purpose of providing consumers with the goods and products that they need to maintain their comfort and quality of life. As such, there is no doubt that these large trucks are a fundamental element of the South Carolina economy and way of life.
But large trucks are also extremely dangerous. And while accidents involving passenger cars alone may be more common, when a large truck is involved, the damages are often severe. Indeed, every year, there are dozens of lives lost to truck accidents. If you or a loved one are involved in a truck accident in our state, our Lexington truck accident lawyers can help.
How Our Lexington Truck Accident Lawyers Help You
A truck accident can be devastating, and the aftermath of a truck accident can be confusing. You may not know against whom to file a claim, what your rights are, or what types of damages are recoverable. Our lawyers are here to handle various elements of your claim, including:
- Investigating your case. One of the first things that we will do when you hire our law firm is open a thorough investigation into your case. In addition to taking the time to travel to the accident scene and review evidence ourselves, we will also hire any necessary experts to work on your claim, too, such as accident reconstruction experts.
- Determining liability and proving fault. In a truck accident, there are many potentially liable parties: the truck driver, the trucking company, a third-party driver, a manufacturer of a vehicle part, a loader or shipper of cargo, etc. We will determine whose negligence cause your crash and against whom a claim should be filed.
- Calculating and proving damages. If you’ve been in a truck accident, the damages that you’ve suffered may be very significant, and might include medical expenses, lost wages, pain, suffering, property damage costs, and more that total into the tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars. Our lawyers will work hard to prove causation–that your damages are directly related to the accident–and to prove the full value of your losses.
- Negotiating your claim. It’s important that you have a settlement offer reviewed by an attorney prior to accepting it to ensure that it is fair; insurance companies often trick claimants into accepting far less than they deserve. Our lawyers will not only review your settlement, but also reject it and negotiate for a larger amount if appropriate.
- Explaining the law. There are numerous laws and regulations you’ll need to know during the process, ranging from South Carolina fault laws to the statute of limitations and more. We’ll be here to explain everything and guide you along the way.
Call Our Lexington Truck Accident Lawyers Today
Don’t wait another moment to pick up the phone and call our South Carolina truck accident lawyers following a serious accident in Lexington. Our team is here to support you and advocate for your right to your full recovery. Call The Stanley Law Group today or send us a message to request a free consultation and get started.