Orangeburg Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Were you injured recently in a motorcycle accident in Orangeburg? Motorcycle accidents are more common than you might think in South Carolina. Much too often, motorcyclists are injured or killed because of negligent drivers who engage in distracted, intoxicated, or aggressive driving. Contact our experienced Orangeburg motorcycle accident lawyer to get started on a motorcycle accident claim.
Learning More About Orangeburg Motorcycle Accidents
What else should you know about motorcycle accidents? The following facts and figures come from the Insurance Information Institute (III) and the National Safety Council (NSC):
- In 2020, about 83,000 motorcyclists sustained nonfatal injuries in collisions;
- Motorcycles account for only about 3 percent of all registered vehicles but 14 percent of all reported traffic fatalities;
- Death rates in motorcycle crashes have increased in recent years with a peak in 2020;
- In 2020, a total of 5,579 motorcyclists were killed in accidents;
- Alcohol impairment is a common cause of motorcycle crashes;
- More than 61 percent of motorcycle accidents occur in urban areas, while about 39 percent happen in rural areas;
- Motorcycle crashes occur relatively evenly between daytime and nighttime;
- More than half of all motorcycle accidents are two-vehicle collisions involving the motorcycle and another vehicle, and more than 7 percent more are collisions involving three or more vehicles; and
- Nearly 40 percent of motorcyclists injured or killed in collisions are not wearing helmets.
Steps to Take After an Orangeburg Motorcycle Accident
After you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in the Orangeburg area, it is critical for you to take steps so that you can be eligible to seek compensation later on. While motorcycle accidents can be extremely disorienting, if you are able to do so, consider the following steps:
- Take photographs at the scene of the motorcycle accident, being sure to document the area where the crash occurred, as well as images that show property damages and physical injuries that have occurred;
- Identify witnesses to the accident and obtain contact information for them, recognizing that your motorcycle accident lawyer in Orangeburg may need to get in touch with them so that they can serve as witnesses in your case;
- Obtain contact information and insurance details for anyone else involved in the accident, including the motorist(s) who you believe may be at fault for the collision;
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible, acknowledging that some types of serious injuries might not immediately produce signs or symptoms despite the fact that prompt treatment is necessary, especially head and neck injuries;
- Inform your insurance company about the collision, but avoid making any subjective statements concerning fault or other related matters;
- Get in touch with a South Carolina motorcycle accident lawyer who can represent you in your case; and
- Be sure to note the statute of limitations for your case, and if you are going to file a lawsuit, ensure that your case is filed within three years from the date of the motorcycle accident.
Contact The Stanley Law Group Today
Motorcycle collisions in Orangeburg are often devastating, especially when motorcyclists are involved in crashes caused by drivers of cars or trucks. Motorcyclists have significantly less physical protection than occupants of motor vehicles, and they can sustain debilitating and life-altering injuries. Our firm can help you to seek financial compensation for your losses, including compensation for medical bills and lost wages, as well as compensation for pain and suffering and other noneconomic losses. Contact an experienced Orangeburg motorcycle accident lawyer for more information about getting started on your motorcycle accident claim.