Lexington Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Riding a bike is one of the easiest and healthiest ways to get from point A to point B and, especially when the weather is nice out, can also be a very pleasant experience. But riding a bike in Lexington may also be dangerous – drivers are not always paying attention, and every year, bicycle accidents leave cyclists with serious or fatal injuries.
At The Stanley Law Group, our Lexington bicycle accident lawyers know how life-changing a bicycle accident can be. If you or a loved one has been harmed in a bicycle accident, please call us directly for a free consultation.
Common Injuries Suffered By Cyclists
The severity of a crash depends on numerous factors, including the speed at which the involved motor vehicle was traveling at the time of impact (the greater the speed, the more force involved in the crash and the more serious the injuries). That being said, even collisions that occur at relatively low speeds can be devastating, as bicyclists have few protections to prevent against harm. Some of the most common injuries suffered by cyclists in a crash include:
- Traumatic brain injury. The risk of a traumatic brain injury is greater if the cyclist is not wearing a helmet at the time of impact.
- Facial injuries. A cyclist’s face often makes contact with the involved vehicle or the ground, leading to lacerations, bruises, and broken facial bones.
- Bone fracture injuries. Being hit by a car or/and falling off of one’s bike can lead to bone fracture injuries. Broken wrists, elbows, and clavicle bones are especially common, although a break is possible anywhere in the body.
- Spinal cord injuries. One of the most devastating types of injuries is a spinal cord injury, which can leave a cyclist permanently totally or partially paralyzed.
- Internal injuries. Organs may be impacted with force during a crash, leading to internal bleeding and other internal injuries.
- External injuries. Bruises, lacerations, and road rash can be painful and, in some cases, even disfiguring.
Who Pays for Damages After a Lexington Bicycle Accident?
When a bicycle accident occurs, the cyclist involved may suffer myriad economic and noneconomic losses. In order to recover financial compensation for these losses, the cyclist must file a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance company. In order to recover the full value of damages, the cyclist will need to prove that the accident would not have occurred but for the driver’s negligent act, such as speeding, driving while distracted, driving while drunk, or driving aggressively.
Our lawyers can help you to gather evidence to prove fault, such as any video footage of the accident, police reports, eyewitnesses’ testimonies, vehicle control module data, and more.
You Deserve to Be Compensated
If you’ve been seriously harmed in a bicycle accident, you deserve to be fully compensated, and you deserve a skilled advocate on your side who can help make that happen. To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with our law firm, please call us today or send us a message with more details about your case.