Georgetown Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accidents in Georgetown can devastating personal injuries, impacting victims and their families for years after. When they happen due to negligence on the part of the truck driver, trucking company, or others involved, The Stanley Law Group helps you hold those at fault accountable. Get the caring support and professional legal representation you need in filing a claim. Contact our experienced Georgetown truck accident lawyer today.
Our Firm Has Over 60 Years of Experience Helping Georgetown Truck Accident Victims
According to the South Carolina Department of Public Safety (SCDPS), close to 3,000 truck accidents happen throughout the state each year. These claim the lives of nearly 100 people while leaving more than 1,500 others suffering severe and potentially life-threatening injuries.
Between International Paper Mill and traffic from Highway 17, truck accidents in Georgetown are a major risk. When they happen, you can count on The Stanley Law Group to provide the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a claim.
With over 60 years of experience helping clients in these cases, our Georgetown truck accident lawyer acts as a strong legal advocate on the side of injured victims. Common types of truck accident cases we handle include:
- Head-on truck accidents, common on one-way streets and near highway exits or entrance ramps;
- Jackknife truck accidents, caused by sudden stops that cause the trailer to run up alongside the truck cab;
- Rear-end collisions, which can cause a vehicle to go completely under a truck;
- Side-impact or ‘t-bone’ truck accidents, which frequently happen in intersections;
- Side-swipe truck accidents, often caused by ‘no-zones’, which are large blind spots in front of, alongside, and behind trucks.
Get The Compensation You Are Entitled To In A Claim
The massive size of semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, and other commercial vehicles helps to protect the truck driver. Unfortunately, it is other motorists involved who typically suffer the most serious harm when a truck accident in Georgetown happens. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), the most common causes of these crashes include:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the truck driver, such as speeding, running red lights, and driving impaired;
- Drowsy driving, a common problem in the trucking industry and a leading cause of truck accidents;
- Mechanical failures, which can be caused by faulty parts or improper maintenance;
- Truck rollovers, often due to uneven loading practices.
At The Stanley Law Group, we investigate the circumstances surrounding your accident and aggressively negotiate with the trucking company and their attorneys on your behalf. With decades’ worth of experience on our side, our Georgetown truck accident lawyer helps you get the total amount of compensation you are entitled to for medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs.
Contact The Stanley Law Group Today
With over 60 years worth of experience, The Stanley Law Group helps truck accident victims and their families get the compensation they are entitled to in a claim. To find out how we can help you, contact our Georgetown truck accident lawyer today and request a consultation.