Georgetown Medical Malpractice Lawyer
People trust medical providers. You count on them to help maintain your health and to take action when you or someone you love is unwell. Unfortunately, medical mistakes and errors happen regularly and can have serious, potentially life-threatening consequences.
The Stanley Law Group helps victims and their families in this situation. We investigate your case, hold negligent medical providers in Georgetown accountable, and get you the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. To protect yourself and your rights, contact our experienced Georgetown medical malpractice lawyer today.
Over 60 Years of Experience Protecting Patients And Their Families In Georgetown
Under the South Carolina Code, medical malpractice involves taking actions other medical providers would not under similar circumstances or failing to take reasonable precautions in treating patients. At The Stanley Law Group, we have over 60 years of experience protecting patients In Georgetown and their families in these cases. You can count on us to provide the caring support and professional legal representation you need in filing a medical malpractice claim.
Our Georgetown medical malpractice lawyer will thoroughly review your case to determine where medical providers may have been negligent. Medical mistakes and errors can be made by doctors, surgeons, diagnostic technicians, nurses, hospital administrative staff, and others involved in your care. Among the most common include:
- Ignoring or misinterpreting symptoms;
- Misdiagnosing potentially life-threatening conditions;
- Failure to properly conduct proper medical testing or making mistakes in reading test results;
- Failing to refer patients to specialists as needed;
- Surgical errors, such as performing procedures on the wrong site or wrong patient;
- Medication errors;
- Health care associated infections, caused by failure to practice proper sanitation practices.
Get The Compensation You Are Entitled To In A Medical Malpractice Claim
According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), medical malpractice is a leading cause of death in the United States, claiming the lives of more than 250,000 people each year. Even in non-fatal cases, medical mistakes and errors can lead to a dramatic worsening of symptoms, painful complications, and potentially disabling personal injuries.
At The Stanley Law Group, you can count on our Georgetown medical malpractice lawyer to help you hold those at fault accountable. We investigate your case and gather the evidence needed to file a medical malpractice claim. Common types of compensation available in these cases include:
- Economic damages, which cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and other tangible costs that result from medical malpractice;
- Non-economic damages, which compensate you for intangible losses, such as pain and suffering;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount we can push for if the medical provider was grossly negligent.
Contact The Stanley Law Group Today
The Stanley Law Group has over 60 years of experience protecting the rights of patients and helping them file claims against negligent medical providers. Let us help you get the compensation you are entitled to. Contact our Georgetown medical malpractice lawyer today.