Columbia Asbestos/Mesothelioma Lawyer
Asbestos is a microscopic threadlike fiber found all over the world. In the past, it was prominently used in construction materials due to its strength, flexibility, and heat-resistant properties. If asbestos becomes airborne, it can be breathed into the lungs, where it can cause mesothelioma, lung cancer, and asbestosis. However, these diseases often take decades to develop after asbestos exposure.
Workers in the railroad, shipbuilding, construction, plumbing, and welding industries face a high risk of asbestos exposure. If you or a loved one has developed mesothelioma or some other lung disease, contact The Stanley Group right away. Our Columbia asbestos/mesothelioma lawyer can assess your case and help you fight for your rights to compensation.
What is Mesothelioma?
Mesothelioma is a tumor of the mesothelium, which is the tissue that lines the lungs, heart, stomach, and other organs. It is an aggressive and deadly form of cancer in which there is often no cure.
There are two main types of mesothelioma. The type you have determines the symptoms you’ll face. For example, pleural mesothelioma affects the tissue that surrounds the lungs and can lead to symptoms such as:
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Painful cough
- Unexplained weight loss
- Unusual lumps of tissue around your chest
Peritoneal mesothelioma affects the tissue in the abdomen and can cause symptoms such as:
- Abdominal pain and swelling
- Weight loss
Mesothelioma can result in complications such as:
- Difficulty breathing
- Difficulty swallowing
- Chest pain
- Spinal cord pain
- Accumulation of fluid in the chest
Why You Need a Lawyer
Whether you are working on getting treatment for mesothelioma or dealing with a loved one’s mesothelioma death, you need a lawyer on your side to guide you through the process. A lawyer can help you bring about the strongest claim possible. They can also do the following:
- Compile all documentation for your claim. Your claim’s success will depend on having the proper evidence to prove the source of asbestos exposure and the damages caused by it. A lawyer can identify and gather all of the necessary evidence, such as medical records, wage earnings records, and building records.
- Protect your rights. Throughout your claim, a lawyer can help you understand your rights to compensation and justice. This will help you avoid mistakes that could sabotage your financial recovery.
- Resolve your claim. Your lawyer will find the best way to resolve your claim, whether that means negotiating settlements, going to court, or filing for certain government benefits. Your lawyer has the skills and experience to help you get the most compensation.
Contact The Stanley Law Group Today
Many people are now suffering from the effects of asbestos exposure. The effects are often deadly, which is why victims and their families need to understand their legal rights.
The Stanley Law Group can guide you through the process. Our aggressive team will help you seek justice. Call (803) 799-4700 or fill out the online form to schedule a consultation with one of our Columbia asbestos/mesothelioma lawyers.