Florence Car Accident Lawyer
Every accident is different, and everything you do — everything from the crash to your final court decision or settlement — could have an effect on the outcome of your case. Along the way, you will have to deal with the other driver or drivers in your accident, the insurance company, doctors and lawyers. The Florence car accident attorneys at The Stanley Law Group have the experience, dedication and skill to guide you through the entire process.
South Carolina Car Accident Law
It is typically not simple to get full compensation for auto accident injuries. Among the challenges claimants face are unwillingness of other parties to accept fault, reluctance of insurance companies to pay, complexity of the legal system and so on.
However, the basic principle of personal injury law in South Carolina is relatively simple: People should pay for injuries they cause. This has led to a system of fault-based comparative negligence. That is, the claimant in a civil suit must have less responsibility than the defendant. If that is the case, then the defendant would pay in proportion to their negligence — that is, anywhere from 50 to 100 percent of the losses.
What Does an Auto Accident Attorney Do?
A dedicated lawyer does much more than stand up in front of a judge. In fact, many car accident cases never go to trial — they are instead resolved through negotiations. Your attorney would have several important roles:
- First responder (after medical care): Immediately advise after an accident. Provide support and initial strategic guidance.
- Investigator: Perform legal research, examine the scene of the accident, investigate other parties involved.
- Analyst: Consider your injuries — physical and emotional. Estimate the total lifetime burden caused by the accident.
- Representative: File documents on your behalf. Communicate your decisions to other parties.
- Planner: Establish and follow a schedule. Form a legal strategy.
- Negotiator: Handle bureaucratic processes. Correspond with insurance companies and other attorneys. Analyze settlement offers and draft counter-offers.
- Litigator: File motions, appear in court, argue cases before a judge.
The overarching goal of your lawyer is to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries. This includes lifelong disabilities, lost limbs, blindness or vision impairment, disfiguration from burns, injuries requiring special therapy. Beyond physical injury, you could deserve to be paid for emotional trauma, loss of loved ones, wages you lost due to an inability to work and so on. Once you hire an attorney, he or she is ethically bound to work in your best interests and will work to make you whole again to the greatest extent possible under the law.
Speak To An Experienced Florence Car Accident Lawyer Today
Our office is open to all those who have been injured through no fault of their own. The Stanley Law Group has over 25 years of personal injury experience. Please call 803-799-4700 at any time to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with a skilled car accident lawyer in Florence. Our law firm also services Lexington, Columbia and elsewhere throughout South Carolina.